ANSYS is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, ANSYS helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. SUMMARY
The Lead Software Developer will be part of a collaborative, multidisciplinary team that is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the next generation, high performance Post Processing and Graphics features in the flag-ship Mechanical product. The successful candidate will work with a network of expert professionals to rapidly research, integrate, and extend state-of-the-art simulation and modeling features. The candidate will also be responsible for assisting in establishing strategies, organizing and executing large initiatives across all areas of development. Emphasis is on identifying and executing priority work at the release (approximately quarterly) time scale. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for research, design, implementation and maintenance of Post Processing and Graphics Visualization features in the flag-ship Mechanical product.
- Assist in team leadership by coordinating team efforts to design, develop, maintain and improve object-oriented data structures, algorithms and modules related to Pre-Processing and High-Performance Post-Processing Finite Element Analyses (FEA) with a focus on superior software performance in a complex simulation product.
- Organize initiatives and establish strategies to accomplish product-wide architectural changes.
- Contribute to the software development lifecycle by planning and completing tasks within the team's test-driven iterative/incremental, and broader agile practices.
- Develop, debug and proactively refactor Legacy code base
- Triage, and collaboratively diagnose and resolve issues and defects within team's code base
- Design, develop and support adoption of APIs that deliver robust interactions with Graphics and Post Processing engine
- Provide support to the Technical Services organization as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related engineering field plus 10 years of software product development experience using C++ or similar object-oriented programming language in the simulation industry; or Master's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related engineering field plus 4 years of experience
- Strong experience in code design, implementation, testing and maintaining complex software products using object-oriented software concepts in C++, and applicable design patterns;
- Ability to successfully mentor other developers.
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio Compiler/IDE;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver high-quality work on time.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
CULTURE AND VALUES
- Working knowledge on Linux environment is desirable
- Experience in 2D and 3D APIs (GDI, OpenGL), scientific visualization, computational geometry is desirable
- Experience with Unit Testing and TDD (test driven design) is desirable
- Knowledge of high-performance computation (eg MPI, GPU) or GPU programming is desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Technologies (.NET Framework, COM, ATL) is desirable
- Knowledge of FEA or similar computational techniques is desirable
- Proven ability to collaborate in an open, multi-disciplinary, intense team environment and the passion to create high quality software is desirable
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and to meet timelines is desirable
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies is desirable
- Experience in using Version Control Systems (SVN or Git) is desirable
- PhD Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related engineering is desirable
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
WORKING AT ANSYS
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
At ANSYS, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at ANSYS are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at ANSYS, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished". It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At ANSYS, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, ANSYS has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
ANSYS is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
For more information, please visit us at .
#LI #SP Nearest Major Market: