Develops, manages and updates data models, including physical and logical models of the data warehouse, data mart and staging area, and the source systems. Designs conceptual and logical models for the data warehouse or data mart. Evolves models to meet new and changing business requirements.
1. Responsible for the overall design of the enterprise data warehouse data/information architecture, which maps to the enterprise architecture and balances the need for access against security and performance requirements.
2. Focuses on enterprise wide data modeling and database design.
3. Defines data/information architecture standards, policies and procedures for the organization, structure, attributes and nomenclature of data elements, and applies accepted data content standards to technology projects.
4. Facilitates consistent business analysis, data acquisition and access analysis and design, Database Management Systems optimization, archiving and recovery strategy, load strategy design and implementation, security and change management at the enterprise level.
5. Translates strategic requirements into a usable enterprise information architecture, which may include an enterprise data model, associated metadata model, common business vocabulary, ontologies and taxonomies to be used to guide enterprise solution development and achieve consistency of information assets across the application portfolio.
6. Develops a metadata management and repository strategy to manage all enterprise information architecture project artifacts.
7. Expert knowledge of EDW concepts. Responsible for ETL, security, network integration, hardware and application maintenance.
8. Ensures existing data/information assets are identified, stewarded and leveraged across the enterprise.
9. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
ü Master's degree in Statistics, Health Informatics, Computer Science or related field is preferred.
ü Master's degree in above disciplines with 7 years of relevant experience is required.
ü Minimum of 7 years of programming, data management, and/or analytics experience.
ü Demonstrated expertise in managing large and complex data sets.
ü Direct experience managing and analyzing healthcare data, experience with national health survey data and complex survey design methods strongly desired.
ü Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook etc.) required.
ü Expert Knowledge of SQL variants, SSIS, Talend and familiarity with Health Catalyst EDW platform are preferred.
ü Knowledge of RDBMS/SQL relational databases as well as non-relational databases and/or knowledge of other statistical software packages desired.
ü Advanced understanding of clinical workflows, healthcare terminology, and revenue management data is preferred.
ü Excellent interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills required, including the ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
ü Able to work independently with minimal supervision and maximum collaboration in a team environment.
ü Able to set priorities, handle multiple assignments and deadlines, and display excellent judgment while operating in a flexible and professional manner.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: