At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you'll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Do you have a passion for understanding your customer's needs and leveraging technology to deliver value? Do you thrive in a constantly evolving environment? Is it thrillng to work with a team with varying skillsets to collectively discover new opportunities to delight customers? If so, a role on the Multifamily Digital team could be a fit for you! Read on!
The Release Train Engineer Manager will be a part of the Digital division within the Multifamily line of business, helping to transform the way in which Freddie Mac does business.
We execute the Digital Transformation roadmap with a clear vision. We deliver to the Multifamily industry digital marketplace where value is unlocked for partners in the ecosystem, through an end-to-end network of innovative products, unmatched experience, and supporting services.
Our ideal candidate will have significant impact in our team, and in our world. You will guide and lead the ART, and the teams through the delivery of software and services, while embracing and promoting the Agile attitude. You will partner with Product Management, Product Owners and others to define the mission value and prioritize work to help ensure strategy and execution alignment. This person will also:
* Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PIs)
* Establish cadence, facilitate and drive the agile ceremonies such as PI Planning, Product Owner Sync, Scrum of Scrums, Inspect and Adapt Workshop, Innovation and Sprint Planning events
* Summarize team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and openness
* Facilitate escalation for impediment removal for the Scrum Master and Scrum teams by fostering collaboration throughout the ART.
* Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering a continuous exploration process which drives the vision, roadmap, and backlogs through Pre- and Post-PI planning meetings.
* Collaborate with the communities of practice and identify and deploy key metrics to enable continuous improvement across the development teams
* Identify and direct the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality of the product
* Coaches Scrum Masters on Agile Practices and attitudes
* A minimum of 10+ years of relevant professional experience as a Development Manager or Program Manager
* A Bachelor's degree in a technically related field, or equivalent experience
* Training and/or certification as a Scrum Master by an educational or professional association
* Previous experience engaging partners, contributors and technical resources to deliver software
* Proven and in-depth understanding of agile development and continuous deployment practices
* Solid grasp of scaled agile, (SAFe) release, and increments
* Project expertise with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence)
* Superb communication skills, with ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
* Demonstrable understanding of current technologies with the ability to develop and deliver projects using groundbreaking technologies
* Strong organization and time management skills
* Top notch communication skills, and ability to work effectively with others, and empower employees
* Proven success in the conduct of agile software development for complex information technology systems
Keys to Success in this Role:
* Derive excitement and thrive in a fast-paced and constantly evolving culture
* Outstanding interpersonal, technical, and organizational skills
* A great teammate to your core, and skilled ability to work collaboratively
* Passion for driving value to customers and excitement for modern digital processes (Agile) and delivery (CI/CD)
* Servant Leader, leading the team by example, and by actions
* Fostering a Continuous Exploration process
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Information Technology