This position is responsible for developing and driving the bank's diversity and inclusion strategy to ensure alignment with talent, community and business practices to achieve desired outcomes that include, but are not limited to, employee attraction and retention as well as overall business success. The incumbent, working with the CHRO and cross-functionally with executives and business line leaders, will implement programs and initiatives to promote and strengthen a diverse and inclusive culture. This will include the need for significant cross-functional leadership, change management and organizational development responsibilities. The position reports into the Chief Human Resources Officer and is a member of the Bank's Senior Officer Group.Job Requirements• Leads the development and implementation of a diversity strategy for the bank in alignment with recruiting, employee development, community relations, vendor management, marketing and other business practices.
• Develops and executes diversity related programs and initiatives aligned with the bank's diversity, HR and overall business strategy.
• Works with Talent Acquisition on sourcing strategies to ensure broad representation of qualified candidates that will lead to a diverse employee population for identified businesses, teams and levels.
• Works with Talent Management on development initiatives to build skill and leadership attributes that lead to accelerated career growth and increased diversity at all levels.
• Chairs the Company Diversity Council.
• Works with Community Relations to build and leverage partnerships in the markets we serve. Develops relationships with external organizations and other companies to build a public relations framework to support and compliment ongoing efforts.
• Works with Marketing and Corporate Communications to build and maintain awareness around the strategy/programs/initiatives both internally and externally, including social media.
• Keeps current on emerging trends in the D&I space and recommends additions or changes in direction to ensure the bank maintains alignment, relevance and consistency.
• Participates as a senior member of the Human Resources leadership team in developing and implementing key HR strategies and initiatives for the Bank.
• Leads the coordination of the bank's Affirmative Action Plan, working in collaboration with HR leaders.
• Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls, including but not limited to BSA/AML/OFAC, in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies. Evaluates and tests our hiring, onboarding and internal employee programs and practices to ensure the standards of diversity compliance are met.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required. Advance degree or relevant certifications preferred. 7 - 10 years relevant experience
• Experience developing, leading or working in the Diversity & Inclusion space at a mid-size to large company.
• Background in HR or relevant experience working closely with HR and familiar with its various disciplines.
• Strong consulting skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a matrix environment, leading groups or working with individuals not in a direct reporting line utilizing strong influencing skills.