MAXIMUS is looking for a candidate with significant organizational and analytical skills to support the Senior Director of Government Compliance. This candidate will:
1.Prepare the annual incurred cost submission in real-time, as each month is closed. This includes confirming the allocations are consistent with the CAS Disclosure Statement, reviewing for unallowable costs, and reconciling the submission to the general ledger.
2.Receiving audit requests and successfully managing them to completion. Audit requests will be in response to Incurred Cost audits, Project related audits, Sarbanes-Oxley audits, etc. This candidate will also be responsible for pulling the audit support (e.g. timesheets, invoices, bank records, etc.).
3.Develop cost impacts for proposed changes to cost accounting practices
4.Update the CAS Disclosure Statements for clarifications and changes
5.Assist the Finance organization with month-end close activities
6.Other projects in support of the Senior Director of Government Compliance
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to gain exposure to government compliance and be challenged in a fast-paced and detail oriented environment.
Requirements & Qualifications:
•Well organized and confident to work independently but be a strong team player
•Ability to effectively manage ambiguity and multi-task on a variety of initiatives
•Maintain appropriate records and documentation; tracks, monitors, and reports data to ensure all audit requests are addressed in a timely manner
•Good judgment and decision-making skills
•Experience in government contracting and familiarity with FAR and CAS
•Experience with managing audit requests
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain and defend a point of view
•Self-starter able to take initiative within a fast paced environment
•Must have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
•Ability to build effective relationships
•Demonstrates confidence and credibility
•Experience in Deltek Costpoint and IBM Cognos preferred
•BS in Accounting, Finance or related field with an Accounting/Auditing focus is highly preferred. 5-7 years of related experience required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare financial budgeting, forecasting and all required financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, while performing variance analysis between forecast and actuals.
- Development and maintenance of a monthly financial dashboard for Executive Management.
- Ensure effectiveness of accuracy and timeliness of forecasting, reporting, accruals, and other financial related processes and systems on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Provide direct financial leadership and support for assessing service allocation rates, composition of cost pools as well as bases for new allocations.
- Work with Group and project finance teams to develop, administer, and implement process improvements and solid communication of the methodologies and cost allocation expectations for utilizing the Shared Services Platform.
- Manage activities of two or more sections or departments.
- Exercise supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may have subordinate supervisors and/or managers.
- Work on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Implement strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Establish and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Regularly interact with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- Require the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Establish operational objectives and work plans and delegates assignments to subordinates.
- Senior management review objectives to determine success of operation.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.