The Senior Payer Biller/Collector is responsible for both billing and collections, gathering and securing all information needed for billing, follow up, and payment of accounts in accordance with the specific payer guidelines, policies, procedures, and compliance regulations for Government payers. This includes maintaining the deficiency lists used to obtain missing documents from internal or external entities, resolving claim rejections, packaging claims, including global billing with attachments of professional fee claims, performing proactive follow up with payers and other entities and securing payment of accounts. The senior biller/collector is accountable and responsible for billing through account closure.
1. Minimum of 5 years hospital government payer/ commercial collector experience
2. Associates degree or equivalent work experience required
3. Knowledge of contract interpretation
4. Familiar with hospital billing requirements
5. Understanding of managed care payor contract or contract language
6. Working experience with all payer types including: commercial, governmental, Medicare, MEdicaid, HMO, etc. and the ability to cross-over into different payers.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: