General Counsel Location:
Global Corporate HQ - West Hills, CA JOB DESCRIPTION Summary/Objective
The Director of Human Resources
is responsible for directing all people functions of the organization in accordance with the policies and practices of Electro Rent Corporation. He/she will primarily lead the Americas HR team but will also supervise and coordinate our HR teams in Europe and Asia. This person will have direct oversight of employee relations, benefits & compensation administration, performance management, health & safety, and recruiting. The hands-on candidate will take a leadership role in developing a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance to our business objectives while fully complaining with all company policies and procedures. Responsibilities
- Possess a depth of knowledge on HR policies, programs, employment laws, and issues. Must be well-versed with US and various state labor laws.
- Have experience with HR functions and general HR concerns within the U.S. and Canada.
- Coordinates the activities, programs, and strategic HR plans of each region's HR function and ensures consistent guidance across the entire organization while taking into account required (legal, cultural, etc.) variances.
- Ability to understand cultural differences in all regions (Americas, Europe, Asia).
- Willingness to participate in calls based upon other time zones which might be outside traditional US business hours.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs, and evaluates the organization's overall human resource function and performance.
- Participates in the development of the organization's plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
- Has expertise in addressing employee relation issues and conducting sensitive investigations.
- Works closely with recruitment to develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility. Identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
- Develops progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Develops programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces HR policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. In particular, oversees HR information systems databases and provides necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the organization.
- Manages other areas such as employee communication, employee safety and health, and community relations.
- Manages the budget and other financial measures of the HR department.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Business Acumen.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Leadership & Navigation.
- Relationship Management.
- Bachelors' degree in Business, Management, Human Resources, or Psychology
- 10 years of related experience
- SHRM-SCP or SPHR certified
- Experience with EU employment rules
All positions will require, to some degree, the physical abilities described below to perform the essential functions of the job
· Work the expected hours, consistently arrive at work at the agreed time and follow Company rules and guidelines regarding breaks and meal periods. Full time is typically considered to be 40 hours per week
· Communicate effectively, both oral and written.
· Move around and through all work areas as needed, may include climbing stairs or ladders
· Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds (i.e. books, reports, binders etc.)
· Regularly sit at the assigned workstation
· Use keyboard or equivalent equipment, to access the computer,
· Use hands to manipulate documents and general paperwork to view contents
· Read documents, reports, files etc.
· Communicate effectively using the telephone Electro Rent is the largest, most comprehensive test equipment services provider for market-leading customers around the world. We are focused on delivering outstanding service for customers across a broad range of industries including Aerospace/Defense, Telecommunications, Mobile/Computing, Power & Industrial, Automotive, Medical, Education, New Space, Data Products Rental and more. With 1.1 billion of inventory, immediate shipping to over 100 countries, and a world-class accredited calibration and repair lab, our team of experts solve tough technical and financial challenges related to testing. Electro Rent is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.