Director of Human Resources - Healthcare
Our client, a progressive well established and growing Medical Center company, with more than 30 years of experience and with multiple locations around Florida, is seeking to employ a professional Director of Human Resources to lead the department and assist with company's missions and objectives.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director of Human Resources performs tasks in the administration of company's Human Resource Management program. Senior management role in the company and key leadership responsibilities. Manages HR staff and strategically aligns company with growth. Responsible for implementing and coordinating policies and programs covering the following: employment, employee relations, wage and salary administration, benefits administration, orientation and training, placement, safety, insurance and health benefits and employee services.EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:Employment Process
- Bachelor's degree (B.A/S.) in Human Resources required. Master's preferred.
- PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-SCP/CP certification required.
- Five or more years related experience working in a similar HR position, preferably in health care; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five or more years of management/leadership experience.
- Working knowledge of Florida labor laws, Human Resources management and benefits administration.
- Knowledge over budget oversight and P & L responsibility.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of MS Word and Excel software.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of employees and supervisors.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver's License.
- Directs the pre-employment hiring process, including the internal and external advertisement of open positions, screens candidates, referral to appropriate supervisors/managers.
- Manages and processes documentation in accordance with established procedures, including verifying completeness and accuracy of all new-hire documentation.
- Continually looks for process improvement in new hire orientation and on-boarding process.
- Helps to facilitate professional entry into the company.
- Establishes and maintains HR department records and reports including: HRIS, current and past Human Resources files, new employee and record changes, postings, and legal reports and records.
- Prepares, recommends and maintains records and procedures for controlling Human Resources transactions and reporting Human Resources data. Gathers and collates necessary data for submission of required reports.
- Coordinates appropriate Administrative staff to perform clerical functions.
- Responds to routine unemployment and state disability insurance claims.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date HRIS data.
- Reviews and updates job descriptions as needed, ensuring that they are relevant and compliant.
- Distributes final policy revisions and/or addenda through established control system.
- Leads policy discussions and provides input according to skills and experience, and notifies President & CEO of policy revision needs.
- Administers/explains existing policies according to skills and knowledge and relative to performance of duties.
- Reviews internal compensation and conducts salary surveys as needed.
- Directs focal review process ensuring consistency and appropriateness of reviews.
- Monitors employee eligibility for regular pay increases; flags requests for increases beyond policy, notifying the President & CEO.
- Updates and maintains job classification and salary plan.
- Manages succession planning process.
- Serves as liaison between line staff and managers.
- Maintains an open door to all employees.
- Handles employee relations issues including investigations confidentially to positive outcome.
- Responsible for accurate employee and dependent insurance and other benefits enrollment, application and claims records.
- Handles benefit inquires and complaints to ensure quick, courteous resolution.
- Maintains contact in person, and by phone or mail, with medical providers, insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Researches and installs new plans and changes
- Coordinates employee meetings and arrange for enrollment of employees in optional plans.
- Processes leave of absence documents per Federal and State requirements.
- Processes and monitors Workers' Compensation claims and coordinates between employee, supervisor, and insurance carrier.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Works with CEO for involuntary terminations prior to discharging employee.
- Close and transition benefits enrollment as required.
- Retain employee records according to regulations.
- Ensure that separating employee's final pay is properly processed through the Finance Department.
- High business acumen and insight is extremely important
- Must adhere to company & department policies and procedures and of the upmost integrity
- Broad functional knowledge & expertise, with in-depth practical knowledge of key HR practices, principles and government regulations
- Deep knowledge and understanding of HR policies and procedures as well applicable laws, local, state, federal.
- Professional and executive presence, with ability to interact with, challenge, influence and establish personal credibility with all levels of leadership including senior management
- Practical and proven accomplishments in the areas of talent management, leadership and organization effectiveness and development, organization design and change management
- Proven analytical skills with effective judgment, strategic thinking and decision-making capabilities
- Strong project management capabilities and process focus with the ability to identify and implement action plans
- Results-driven with focus on optimizing personal impact and effectiveness
- Proactive, independent and resourceful individual who takes initiative; comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, deadline driven environment
- Strong customer focus and service skills
- Detail-oriented and accountability in analytical assessments; ability to navigate smoothly between strategic planning and tactical details
- Must possess a flexible attitude and the ability to manage change effectively
- Demonstrated ability to grasp and understand the business, key drivers & related people implications
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop, lead and engage strong teams, with direct or indirect reporting lines
- Logical and reasonable in identifying team strengths and weaknesses
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and regionally
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Spanish would be preferred.
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
Work hours are primarily spent in an office environment. Job Type:
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Financial Analysis: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule