The 24-Hour Live-In is a person who, under professional supervision, provides client assistance and general household management on a 24-hour basis. Since the person would essentially be a member of the household, it is anticipated that they would provide client directed services approximately 10 hours a day.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Has successfully completed a training program in home health aide service; or
- Has passed an equivalency examination, approved by the State; or
- Has one full year of experience in providing personal care services through a homecare service within three
- years preceding the effective date of an initial license issued pursuant to Article 36 of the Public Health Law;
- or has completed a State approved training program in personal care services.
- Must have sufficient visual acuity (with correction) to read printed materials.
- Must have hearing acuity to hear spoken communications from the general public or co-workers.
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position including: lifting up to 50 lbs. Bending, stooping,
- sitting for long periods of time, and standing to accomplish duties.
- Assists in providing nutritional support to clients.
- Assists in providing environmental support.
- Assists clients with personal hygiene, grooming, care of teeth and mouth.
- Assists clients with feeding and dressing.
- In the case of self-directed clients, assists with selected health related tasks.
- Prepares and submits paperwork as required by the Mastercare.
- Assists clients in managing their personal affairs, i.e., errands, bill paying, medical appointments, social
- activities, etc.
- Confirming on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visits with the Supervisor/Director, to coordinate necessary
- visits with other personnel.
- Notifying the Office of absences due to illness, emergency leave, normal vacation periods, or special
- professional meetings, which will affect agreed service with the Mastercare.
No. Of Positions Open