Overview & Benefits
For more than two decades, Company has been fighting for educational equity by ensuring that the right to a quality college education is accessible to those whose potential and drive exceed their opportunity. For students from first-generation, low-income backgrounds who face systemic barriers, Company's advisors are a relentless ally who partner with them to find the right college, persist to a degree, and successfully launch a career.
As one of the first college support organizations to focus on college completion, Company now produces best-in-class college graduation rates that eliminate the significant gap between first-generation students from low-income backgrounds and their wealthier peers. We operate regional programs in Massachusetts, where we were founded in 1997, New York City, and Chicago that collectively serve over 8,000 students.
When you 'join Company, you will find a rewarding, fast-paced, exceptional results-oriented environment. We build authentic relationships with our students and with each other. We take our work seriously, and we know that a focus on data and metrics is integral to our continued success. 'Experts in our field, we are driven by our mission and motivated by the impact we're achieving.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Technology & Data Officer (CTDO) provides strategic and tactical leadership, and plays a critical role in developing, planning, and implementing Company's technology and data strategy, primarily in support of implementing our program model more effectively and efficiently. This includes both the ecosystem of programmatic applications and tools as well as enterprise-wide governance and utilization of information as an asset, via data processing, analysis, data mining, information trading and other means. The CTDO is also responsible for technology vendor management, management of the departmental budget, and prioritization of technical priorities and resources. The CDTO is a key member of the Senior Leadership team, providing support and ensuring effective implementation of Company services to achieve our overall mission.
What You Bring
- You strive for educational equity, opening doors for the many whose potential and drive exceed their opportunity.
- You bring deep experience designing and building technology ecosystems that meet the current and future business needs of the organization.
- You are a data scientist at heart, with a strong sense of the different techniques for model building, experience working with large complex datasets, and experience determining the best analytical technique to apply to different datasets and business questions (e.g., Linear/Logistic Regression, machine learning, etc.).
- You bring an innovative and continuous learning mindset to develop new techniques or creatively apply existing techniques or knowledge in order to solve problems posed by complexity, size, lack of existing literature, or unavailability of data.
- You are someone with the ability to lead strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals.
- You are exceptionally organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- You foster an inclusive workplace where bias is examined and respectfully challenged so our community members can bring their most authentic selves each day.
- You provide opportunities for shared leadership, to capitalize on our diversity in our decision-making processes.
- You invest time in building strong, impactful relationships with direct reports, coworkers, students, and external partners.
How You'll Spend Your Time
- 40% Technology Systems - Strategic leadership and operations: Lead ecosystem planning, change management efforts, and on-going maintenance to ensure organizational needs, priorities, and goals are met. Partner with Program leadership to improve the student experience and drive advisor efficiency through the integration of innovative tools and systems.
- 40% Data & Information Systems - Transform data analysis, reporting, and governance: Lead organizational efforts to collect, house, protect, analyze, and share timely, relevant, and actionable data and insights. Mature Company's ability to work with large, complex datasets to solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed to help improve organizational performance.
- 20% Team Leadership - Actively contribute to the Senior Leadership team, providing support and ensuring effective management of Company systems, resources, and people to achieve our overall mission. Manage, lead, and coach the Technology and Data team (currently 3 direct reports).
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of active/hands-on and progressive experience in a highly agile environment working closely with developers and data scientists.
- 4+ years of experience in Salesforce or similar CRM involving configuration, implementations, and integrations
- Demonstrated commitment to Company's Mission, Vision, and Core Values
- Demonstrated proficiency and/or growth potential in Company's seven core competencies: Relationships, Results, Communication, Inclusiveness, Talent Development, Agility, and Planning
- Work authorization required
- Fluency in a language other than English a plus
All employees are expected to demonstrate continued growth within our seven core competencies.
- Relationships: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build and maintain meaningful and collaborative connections with various stakeholders
- Results: Produces quality outcomes; compiles and analyzes data to drive future plans; uses creative solutions
- Communication: Effectively articulates information in a clear, concise, and timely manner to a wide range of stakeholders
- Inclusiveness: Creates and maintains an environment that respects and values the identities and cultures of all colleagues and students we serve
- Talent Development: Actively contributes to the hiring, development, retention, and promotion of a highly effective team
- Agility: Demonstrates adaptability and openness to shifting priorities, needs of stakeholders, and organizational changes
- Planning: Effectively and efficiently uses resources (people, time, materials, technology) in order to create, meet, and assess both strategic and task-oriented goals