FLORIDA VOCATIONAL INSTITUTE
SEEKING A FINANCIAL AID ADMINISTRATOR
About Our Institution
Florida Vocational Institute offers affordable training and skills in the challenging and rewarding healthcare positions such as medical and nursing assistant; phlebotomy and patient care technician; and electrocardiograph aide. Our mission is to train students to become entry level professionals in high demand careers. We aim to improve employability and inspire life long career growth, thereby improving the life quality of individuals in our community.
As Financial Aid Administrator, you will be working daily with students and parents to educate them on all financial options available to them. With your strong knowledge of financial aid packages and advising experience, you will play a key role in advising, managing, and maintaining relationships with students as well as the Department of Education and other financial institutions.
Responsibilities & Activities
- Recommend, interpret, administer, and update financial aid policies ensuring compliance with State, Accreditation, and Department of Education standards.
- Maintain liaison with the Department of Education and other agencies to answer questions, resolve problems, provide data, interpret and apply changes in rules and regulations concerning financial aid.
- Maintain all student financial aid files in compliance with State, Accreditation, and Department of Education standards.
- Maintain and create consumer information documents regarding financial aid options for students and parents of students.
- Review and responds to proposed legislation related to financial aid.
- Attend and participates in professional groups, seminars, and/or training.
- Assist the Student Services Coordinator with student terminations and disciplinary actions.
- Meet with prospective students and their parents and counsel them on the financial aid options available to them.
- Gather and interpret paper documentation as well asinput data to determine need analysis.
- Create financial files for all students.
- Request & process ISIRs.
- Prepare financial estimates / pay plans and discuss financial aid / payment options.
- Perform required verifications of financial aid applications.
- Process professional judgment requests.
- Certification of loan applications, including Federal and Sallie Mae loans.
- Process PLUS Loan credit checks.
- Verification of promissory note completion and printing Master Promissory Notes.
- In coordination with the Student Services Coordinator, monitor student eligibility (based on SAP) for Title IV funds throughout a student's period of enrollment and request disbursements when necessary.
- Creation of and signature gathering for Tuition Options loans.
- Create and distribute Federal Aid disbursement notifications for both students (and parents as applicable).
- Administer Entrance Counseling for students with Federal Aid.
- Complete Exit Counseling and exit package for each student with Federal loans that withdraws, is terminated, or graduates.
- Understanding of and commitment to Florida Vocational Institute vision, mission and values in creating a learning environment for our students.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in educational environment
- Must be able to type 45/wpm
- Knowledgeable of NSLDS & FASLA Required
- Familiar with Fame's ESP software and Fame Connect website is a plus but not required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to plan, analyze & evaluate
- Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally & in writing
- Must have strong customer service skills
Salary will commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive health care package. We are an equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and salary requirements to: m