A Assistant Director of Patient Care Services possesses the ability to work with other members of the Hospice team. Needs to be a driven and goal-oriented individual that can organize, coordinate, and manage the nurses out in the field. They must be the "liaison" for the nurses, doing and accomplishing the needs and tasks of all nurses. They must have a sympathetic attitude toward overall goal of giving the patient quality care while demonstrating positive communication skills in interacting with other members of the team.
REPORTS TO: Director of Patient Care Services
Credentials: Current license within the state as a Licensed Vocational Nurse or higher.
Experience: At least 2 years of varied work experience as a Licensed Vocational Nurse and preferably 1 year experience in Hospice, Palliative, or Home Health.
Core Competencies: Knowledge of state and federal regulations. Ability to teach, guide, and assist in the needs of the nursing staff. Possesses excellent verbal, written, and computer skills.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for efficient and timely response of coordination of care from nurses to patients and families.
2. Responsible for accuracy and consistency of delivery of care along all disciplines as provided in medical records in accordance with the approved plan of care.
3. Responsible for smooth, timely, professional, and appropriate flow and sharing of information among all disciplines.
4. Responsible for overall coordination of care provided to families and patients.
5. Review new admissions on the appropriateness and consistency of medications/treatments, plan of care, and durable Medical Equipment (DME) provided.
6. Collects and faxes progress reports for patients.
7. Follows up with the authorization requisition.
8. Manages and follows up with RN, Case Managers regarding admission/email patient's records.
9. Follows up regarding medications/equipment that is needed (if any).
10. Follow up telephone orders for MD/supplement orders if needed.
11. Prepares pertinent papers for transfers/discharges.
12. All other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate.