Thomas Allen is Hiring for Support Services Counselor!
Paid training provided!
LOCATION: Oakdale, MN
HOURS AVAILABLE: Weekdays 7am - 9am and/or 7pm - 10pm. Staff can choose morning or evening times that best fit their schedule.
JOB SUMMARY: In this position, you will assist a young woman so that she can prepare for work in the mornings. Assistance includes helping transfer the individual served to and from her wheel chair, and with her bedtime routine in the evenings. She wants to live as independently as possible in her fully-accessible home in Oakdale.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 20lbs
* Must have 1 year of related experience working with individuals with disabilities
* Willingness to attend to personal cares and health needs, light housekeeping, and meal preparation
* Willing to commit to and implement person-centered supports
* Department of Human Services background clearance
* Valid driver's license, reliable vehicle, acceptable driving record, and proof of auto insurance required
* Must be 18 years or older
* Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written and verbally
To view other open positions, click here.
Thomas Allen, Inc. is a social services agency that provides a variety of person-centered services to individuals with disabilities throughout the state of Minnesota. Our team of nearly 800 employees are key players in assisting individuals served with group home support, semi-independent and independent living, case management, care coordination, and guardianship. As our agency continues to grow, we are looking for team members who are passionate about providing services that empower those we support.
Join our team and make a difference!