Techwave has immediate openings for all levels of Field Technicians to join our growing Engineering Services Team based out of our RDC location in Houston, TX. These are urgent hires and eligible for a signing bonus Candidates will be responsible for field data collection throughout the continental US and other areas as needed by the organization and driven by project scope. Candidates may spend a significant amount of time, up to 2 weeks, in the field and working in teams until data has been collected as required.Requirements will include but are not limited to capturing and submitting data using various types of electronic GIS equipment, and accurately evaluating and capturing existing telecommunication plant conditions. Work will involve walking multiple miles daily while collecting data. Previous experience with utility construction in an outside plant environment, as well as experience reading or designing utility work prints is preferred.Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Determine ideal locations for new above ground facilities and equipment, including above-ground cabinets & pedestals, as well as utility boxes placed to grade and underground conduit systems.
- Collect relevant Pole Information and accurately document existing measurements and placement.
- Conduct Underground/Buried Cable layout surveys to determine most cost-effective solutions and path.
- Conduct new substructure site surveys and site walks, as required.
- Determine existing and new locations for fiber optic cables.
- Accurately depict new construction route opportunities, with the ability to identify, research and problem solve cable path/placement issues in the field and accurately relay solutions to the engineering team.
- Assure that personal vehicle is maintained to company safety standards.
- Take pictures of job sites, pole conditions and other relevant structures or landmarks.
- Make hand drawn sketches of recommended engineering design while in the field or facility.
- Upload clear images files, hand notes, and sketches and edit for quality and cohesiveness.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid driver's license and ability to accommodate travel in personal vehicle.
- Ability to upload/download and edit documents in Project Management software.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Acrobat. Working knowledge of Google Earth/Maps.
- Highly organized, self-starter, and detail oriented.
- Possess strong professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as a Team member
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to follow direction in maintaining all Field Safety standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics preferred.
- Experience in either the engineering, construction, architecture, or telecommunications industries.
- Knowledge and experience with telecommunications engineering standards, with previous LightGig or fiber overbuild data collection experience preferred.
- Capable of identifying issues in the field that would have a potential to impact network design.
- Able to collect necessary data from the field for determining a design including all necessary OSP features.
- Knowledgeable in GO 95, GO 128 and/or NESC requirements.
- Knowledge of Corning Flexnap cable design and terminal placement.
- Experience with interpreting cable or substructure designs.
- Knowledge and experience with telecommunications construction techniques
- Able to identify and suggest all types of construction methods within ROW, identify assumed public ROW, visually identify existing utilities.
- Basic Knowledge of Make-Ready Construction
- Able to identify potential cable moves and, guying and anchoring requirements to make room for new cable attachments.
- Able to effectively account for all information that is required to attach to a pole and complete all necessary measurements and photos.
- Experience in estimating existing utility locations.
- Non-exempt, Hourly
- Full Time
- Daily travel to job site(s) in personal vehicle required - mileage reimbursement.
- Occasional overnight stays based on project scope and size or as required.
- provided by Dice