NOVA TC has a full-time Youth Service Worker position available to work in NOVA TC's Adolescent Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility with a speciality in substance use.
The Youth Service Worker assists the treatment team in the provision of groups, education and re-socialization skill training for adolescents displaying a variety of addictive and behavioral disorders related to alcohol and drug use and mental health disorders using the techniques of the Therapeutic Community model.
- Associate's Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Human Services or related field preferred. High School Diploma with two years experience in human services field required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Acquire and maintain certification in First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Ability to form effective therapeutic alliances with program members, their families, other employees and to function in a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to keep complete and accurate records.
- Valid driver's license and a driving record that meets agency insurance standards.
- Ability to successfully complete a Medication Administration course during the probationary period.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of a therapeutic environment that fulfills the physical, emotional, social, educational and behavioral needs of the program members.
- Maintain an accurate clinical record that documents program member's service needs, treatment plans, and progress utilizing agency format and standards for clinical recording.
- Provide on-site supervision of program members and ensure that all treatment activities occur as scheduled.
- Administer and control medications when prescribed by physicians in accordance with agency procedures and training.
- Assist in the supervision of program members in treatment and/or school activities, including housekeeping activities, group facilitation, recreation and leisure time activities in order to insure an environment that is conducive to the physical, emotional and social well-being of all program members.
- Ability to meet the transportation needs of the community.