The Director of Solution Sales is a direct sales role focused on selling a broad portfolio of Oracle-centric services to strategic accounts. The portfolio of solutions would range from business transformations (shared service center, spinoff, acquisition integration) to system implementations and outsourcing solutions.
This role has two primary responsibilities:
1) Meeting prospective clients, soliciting business and establishing relationships with key decision makers at companies with annual revenues in excess of $1B. The position requires a strong understanding of various industries, business practices and technologies and the ability to engage at the CIO/CFO level to introduce IT Convergence, understand customer business priorities/IT priorities, provide IT advisory services and identify projects that align with our solution portfolio. In this role the Director of Solution Sales would be accountable for identifying, scoping, selling and overseeing all sales and delivery activities at the customer, pulling in subject matter experts from various lines of business as needed.
2) Growing the relationship with established IT Convergence customers. This would involve working in tandem with a Sales Account Manager to map out a strategic account plan and execute on the plan.
In both capacities, the Director of Solution Sales would be accountable for the quality and compliance of the consultative pre-sales processes of all proposals, RFP and RFQ responses to our customer, working closely to ITC's various Lines of Business to incorporate their respective pre-sales processes and delivery methodologies. His/her mission is measured on achieving solution sales quota targets while achieving high quality and value service offerings to our customers. A successful leader in this role will demonstrate the ability to unlock value at large accounts by engaging at a high level to help the customer plan, manage and execute their IT portfolio, drawing on ITC's broad service portfolio and global reach target.
MAIN TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research prospective companies and leadership
- Understand customer business priorities and IT portfolio objectives
- Liaison with Sales and LOB leadership to identify the best opportunities to meet strategic quota objectives.
- Utilize Salesforce to document, collaborate and manage the sales process
- Identify opportunities to differentiate ITC offerings, cross-sell services or productize offerings
- Build long-term relationships with customer business and IT leadership
- Demonstrate Consultative Sales Leadership across business lines and offerings
- Effectively articulate the value proposition of ITC's various service offerings
- Assume overall responsibility for the quality and compliance of proposals, RFP/RFQ responses and contracts within target account base.
- Monitor and enforce Opportunity Reporting compliance in the Salesforce.com CRM system.
- Escalate pre-sales exceptions and issues to Executive Sponsors
- Work between ITC Lines of Business to ensure consistency of messaging and alignment with customer's business and IT priorities
- Work with the Lines of Business to ensure alignment with customer project objectives during project initiation and to facilitate knowledge transfer to Project Manager or other service delivery leader
- Reports to: VP of Sales
- External relations with: Potential clients, clients, recruits and contractors
- Internal relations with: Practice Managers and Directors, PMO, Sales, Marketing, Executives, Consultants, Recruiting and HR Department, Project Accounting, Finance.
AUTHORITY OVER/DECISIONS RECOMMENDATIONS
- Presales Process and rules of Engagement
- Sales Priorities
- Proposal Methodology
- Process Improvements and Automation
- Strategic direction of company and expansion plans into emerging markets or technologies
- Education: Graduate of a 4-year Bachelor's degree. Graduate degree is a plus.
- Languages: Excellent communication skills in English required. Other languages a plus especially Spanish, Portuguese, and Mandarin.
- Core competencies:
- Self Confidence, stamina and stability under pressure
- Ambition, self-motivated
- High commitment to exceed performance expectations.
- Executive Presence
- Leadership and assertiveness. Good mediator.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Technical competencies: General knowledge of broad range across Oracle applications and technologies, including Oracle E-Business Suite, Fusion Applications, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Hyperion, Business Intelligence, Service Oriented Architecture.
- Professional competencies:
- 10 years of experience within the Oracle ERP Consulting Industry including Operations Management, Strategic Planning, Client Engagement and Consulting.
- 3 years of Pre-sales solution leadership
- Management competencies (if applicable):
- Sales: Client prospecting, relationship building and successful deal making
- Ability to work in a team as well as take the lead
- Results-oriented approach
- Strong business acumen and business analysis skills
- Sufficient depth of technology knowledge to operate independently / scope solutions with input from SME's as needed
- Ability to negotiate and manage multi-million dollar technology contracts effectively
Up to 50% travel depending on geographic distribution of account base.
- provided by Dice