Ashford Gardens, which is owned and operated by Cantex Continuing Care Network, is a 202-bed skilled nursing and rehabilitation center.
Nursing Home Administrators! Here's an exciting career opportunity at a senior community that will allow you to leverage your leadership skills, management expertise and people orientation in a new environment!
In this multi-faceted position you will be responsible for directing the overall operation of the facility in accordance with applicable local, state and federal regulations. You will be direct and ensure the implementation of written policies and procedures that reflect the goals and objectives of the facility and administrative team. In addition, you will make routine rounds throughout the facility guaranteeing from a first-hand observation that an optimum level of patient care is provided, the environment is being maintained in a safe and sanitary fashion, systems are in place and that employees are appropriately attired and receiving appropriate supervision.
- A current and valid state Nursing Home Administrator license is required.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable state/federal regulations regarding nursing home operations is necessary.
- A BS/BA degree, or equivalent experience in healthcare administration is preferred.
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience, preferably in a long-term care setting.
- Ability to effectively communicate, direct, and, at times, delegate tasks.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Assure facility compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Direct and ensure the implementation of written policies and procedures that reflect the goals and objectives of the facility and administrative team. (Includes all Cantex Policy and Procedures, RCMS, and FMS.)
- Make routine rounds throughout the facility from a first-hand observation that an optimum level of patient care is provided, the environment is being maintained in a safe and sanitary fashion, systems are in place, and that employees are appropriately attired and receiving appropriate supervision.
- Oversee the recruitment, selection, and training of competent department supervisors and other ancillary staff.
- Meet with Department Supervisors on a weekly basis to review interdepartmental issues, expense control, labor control, and any other pertinent patient and/or environmental issues as appropriate or necessary.
- Conduct "standup "meetings every weekday morning.
- Develop, establish and maintain patient census at optimal levels.
- Assure compliance with the Patients' Bill of Rights.
- Assist in preparation of annual operating budget.
- Achieve at least budgeted earnings expectations.
- Assure that adequate financial records and cost reports are submitted to appropriate departments or governmental agencies in accordance with Cantex Continuing Care Network's policy and procedures.
- Represent the facility in dealings with outside agencies, including governmental agencies and third party vendors, or provide an authorized representative of the facility when unable to attend such meetings.
- Authorize the purchase of major equipment or routine supplies as authorized by Cantex and in accordance with standard procedures.
We are an Equal opportunity employer; We offer an excellent benefit plan to include 401K with match, CEU reimbursement, vacation, sick, holidays, medical, dental, and supplemental insurance Plans as well as a Highly competitive compensation package.