Our client, a well-respected private equity firm is looking to hire a Valuation Associate to their growing team. This well-respected organization has nearly doubled in size over the last couple years and offers incredible career growth. The company boasts long tenure, top notch benefits, incredible employee perks, and a work hard/play hard culture.
WHY WORK FOR THE COMPANY:
Responsibilities and Duties
• Awesome culture! Really take care of their employees- like to do fun company outings (cubs games, holiday parties, etc)
• Highly motivated team- opportunity to work with a great team of highly motivated individuals- very driven group.
• Growing company- they are a powerhouse in their industry, and have nearly doubled in headcount in the last two years.
• Unlimited PTO
• Health care is 100% covered
• Lots of opportunity for growth- CFO love to develop employees, and has a proven track record of promoting from within. Can move up or laterally into different areas
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE VALUATION ASSOCIATE:
• Support valuation models for portfolio companies; build and maintain these models
• Performing financial statement analysis and other quantitative and qualitative assessments;
• Develop recommendation of fair value presented to investment deal teams on a quarterly basis
• Coordinate with third-party valuation firms to support the firms valuations
• Maintain supporting valuation documentation with appropriate traceability and audit trails, formal sign-off processes, etc.
• Reviewing client investment memoranda, board of directors presentations, specific debt and equity agreements, and financial models to develop an understanding of the company or securities being analyzed;
• Compiling statistical summaries of companies financial information, developing and computing financial ratios, and presenting the analyses in an organized manner and/or using our standard formats and presentations;
• Reviewing and compiling published financial information, such as public company filings, press releases, reports from published research analysts, and Bloomberg data across a wide range of industries and sectors;
• Researching and providing information on (a) general economic conditions, (b) industry-specific conditions and trends, (c) acquisitions and divestitures within specific industries, and (d) various investment attributes of publicly traded and privately held securities;
Qualifications and Skills
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE SENIOR TAX/ACCOUNTING ASSOSCIATE ROLE:
• BS in Finance, Economics
• 3-8yrs experience in PE, deal advisory, public accounting or investment banking
• Tax experience, specifically working with financial services clients