Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.The Role
The Network Implementation Engineer II responsibilities include design and preparation of Engineering Work Orders for land developments, new buildings, single line requests, Rehab, DSL, FTTN, FTTH, FTTT, Road Relocations, augmentation projects and special circuit requests. Utilizing the following tools; NDS, AutoCAD, Fireworks/Bidmaster, JDS, FORTE, WFMT, ARMOR, TIRKS, LFACS, and the full suite of Microsoft Office. As an OSP field engineer you will be assigned a geographic area and will be responsible for all OSP job requests. This position designs and acquires civil permits. Maintain positive interaction with Internal and External customers; maintain open conversation with Planning and all company departments providing high quality of service to the Lumen customers. Manage workload for a given area.The Main Responsibilities
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Develops/defines plans for the implementation of new plant construction or modifications to existing facilities.
- Prepares plans and specifications, to include gathering field data.
- Assures that the most feasible, practical and economical means to complete the work are utilized. Provides cost data to support capital planning and budgeting.
- Monitors and controls project expenditures.
- Oversees the installation/construction and testing of plant facilities.
- Skilled in planning and/or engineering.
- Analyzes local and wide area network systems and/or customer network environment, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices.
- Resolves interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms including e-mail, files transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing and the like.
- Configures systems to user environments.
- Supports acquisition and implementation of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed
What to Expect Next
- Assoc degree or equivalent education and relevant experience.
- 8 years related experience in telecommunications, engineering, or network planning or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable and able to work in appropriate systems and Microsoft Office.
- Fluent on current approved products and technology.
- Work with Planning, Operations and all internal and external customers, maintain budget, and assist with forecasting budgets.
- Maintain positive interaction between all governing authorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Requisition #: 230374
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.Disclaimer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.