MyoKardia is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company pioneering a precision medicine approach to discover, develop and commercialize targeted therapies for the treatment of serious and rare cardiovascular diseases. MyoKardia's most advanced product candidate is Mavacamten, a novel, oral, allosteric modulator of cardiac myosin that is a first in class treatment for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM). Mavacamten was found to be effective in a pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial in patients with symptomatic obstructive HCM.
MyoKardia is seeking to hire an experienced professional to lead Commercial Data Analytics and Reporting processes to support MyoKardia's commercial team. This role will act as Commercial Data SME on all things commercial data and have the ownership of Commercial Data Acquisition and Integration Strategy. This role will partner closely with IT to implement Commercial Data Platform, MDM systems and Reporting platform to provide key business insights. In addition, this role will also work closely with IT and Sales leadership to design CRM processes.
This role reports directly to the Sr. Director, Commercial Informatics.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Data Analytics & Reporting
Sales CRM and Data Integration
- Serve as the point of contact for commercial data needs, enabling the commercial organization to make data-driven business decisions by mapping key business questions to data sources, and developing and executing data acquisition plans accordingly
- Use secondary data sources to integrate and enrich data attributes to create appropriate patient and customer profile that can be used to make business decisions and inform patient and customer engagement strategy
- Collaborate with business and IT teams and providing necessary support onboarding new data including (but not limited to) facilitating data QA/QC, knowledge transfer on business rule definitions, data documentation, as well as communication and training
- Lead efforts in de-identified patient mastering and data aggregation across channel and secondary data sets
- Provide key business knowledge in building out Customer Master and Data warehouse to support analytics, KPIs and dashboards.
- Provide reliable accurate analyses and reports to various functions to support management's decisions on physician or managed care targeting, marketing initiatives, production planning, and sales force compensation.
- Build, maintain and enhance field reports that enable data and evidence-based decision making in the field. Field will include Sales, Market Access and Medical teams.
- Engage with the Market Access, Marketing & Sales in developing a business strategy and define a multi-year Commercial Data Platform and MDM roadmap that aligns with key objectives/priorities of the business stakeholders.
- Work with IT to manage and enhance our CRM system for field teams in an increasingly virtual world
- Leverage CRM/SFA systems to full capabilities to support the field and implement enhancements to meet emerging business challenges
- Execute strategy of SFA platform and initiatives on field devices
- Provide business insights and subject matter expertise to enable integration of data for other commercial business processes (speaker program management, expense management etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in data analytics, business administration, economics, finance or related field
- MBA or master's degree preferred with concentrations in one or more of healthcare, general management, analytics, and data sciences.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience preferably in pharmaceutical industry related roles, or pharmaceutical industry consulting.
- Experience with sourcing and acquiring third-party data and managing data contracts and vendors within a commercial organization preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience working with in common industry data assets and vendors such as IQVIA, Symphony, Formulary (DRG, MMIT) and Specialty Pharmacies and Distributors
- Experience designing initiatives and following them through successful implementation and operations is required
- Collaborate effectively with market research, forecasting and finance teams to report performance, answer business questions and deliver insights
- Interact with a broad range of internal customers ranging from VP to front line employees across sales, marketing, market access, medical and IT to understand and address their data and reporting needs
- Experience with rare diseases with limited distribution networks preferred
- Instill a culture of operational and data excellence.
- Experience with managing projects and initiatives and across multiple stakeholder groups and cross-functional initiatives.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant software systems (e.g. MS Excel, Access, MS Word & PowerPoint, etc.) is required. Knowledge of SQL, and/or other BI tools (Tableau, Microstrategy, etc.) or analytics tools (R, Alteryx, RapidMiner, etc.) is preferred
- In-depth knowledge and data mining experience using secondary subnational prescription and sales data required
- Ability to communicate complex data to a broad audience in a way that is easy to comprehend
- Be able to work efficiently in a cross-functional and matrixed environment