CFS is managing a high priority search to identify a Regional Operations Financial Controller
About the Company and Opportunity - Regional Operations Financial Controller
• Private equity owned manufacturer/distributor of specialty food products
• Revenues around $500m with continued growth plans through acquisitions
• Work with a business with high profit margins
• Opportunity to come in to this role and build something new and make an impact
• Professional development training
• Business casual atmosphere
Overview of the role
• Accounting and business partner that can help grow and support the business, looking at operations, driving efficiencies and sales margins
• Responsible for financial oversight of five locations along the east coast, report to the CFO in NJ.
• Evaluate capital expansion projects, identify facility solutions and create capacity analysis and ROIs.
• Experience with Accounts Payable or related automation/implementation projects
• Work with General Managers to build and maintain financial budgets and forecasts with weekly tracking. Call out risks and opportunities based on actuals to aid in tactical decision making
• Aid in the development of long-range plans for new acquisitions, proforma development and profitability projections.
• Provide analysis of revenue/expense trends and identify margin improvement opportunities.
• Perform analysis of the drivers of business growth (internal and external). Develop recommendations to maximize growth opportunities with a short and long term perspective
• Support senior management in data gathering and analysis for short and long-term action plans as well as various financial analyses on profit improvement opportunities and initiatives.
• Actively perform ad hoc financial and operational analysis on profit improvement opportunities and initiatives, sales trends and projections, etc
• Interpret and summarize results of financial analysis and make recommended solutions
Preferred Qualifications Director Finance:
• Bachelors degree
• Experience in the manufacturing or distribution industry
• Operational finance experience
• Forward-thinking, change-agent
• 7+ years managerial experience