Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran statusDescription:
Serve as the primary contact for key Merchant Card Services accounts, as well as sponsored business partners. Ensure quality of services delivered, coordinate various client needs and support the growth of the business relationship. Support the achievement of Merchant Card Services department goals by providing general sales, administrative and customer support.
Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers:
- Serves as primary contact for key merchant card services relationships with identified Independent Sales Organizations (ISOs).
- Serves as the primary point of contact and liaison between payments underwriting/risk team and identified sponsored ISO Partnerships.
- Assists with sponsor implementations in conjunction with the processor, service provider and card brands.
- Coordinates documentation and calculations for monthly sponsorship billing statements.
- Collaborates with business partners including payments underwriting/risk team, operations and business development teams to manage client relationships and ensure the best possible customer experience.
- Understands the client's business and builds a partnership to achieve growth and retain a positive relationship between client and the bank.
- Reviews bulletins from the service provider, as well as the card brands, to keep informed of fraud/risk issues and/or changes in the industry.
- Assists with technical builds, installation and training of merchant accounts.
- Contacts merchants in response to risk/fraud notifications received from the service provider, when needed.
- Performs regular quality control reviews in relation to the bankcard system billing and account profiles.
- Initiates the sales process by following up on referrals provided by Business Development Officers, Commercial Relationship Officers, and branch staff.
- Assists with retention of the merchant portfolio and sponsorship clients by providing excellent customer service.
- Researches new processing solutions and merchant service products.
- Assists with research and service requests for all customer inquiries.
- Willingness to be cross-trained on other related tasks.
- Performs related and unrelated duties as may be required.
- Associate Degree or an equivalent combination of educational and professional training.
- Three years of merchant card services (acquiring) experience directly supporting customers. Additional general banking experience helpful.
- Extensive knowledge of the merchant acquiring industry including compliance, technology, processes and profitability.
- Strong technology aptitude including MS Office applications, banking core-processing systems, CRM, merchant processing platforms.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
Avidia Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled