Key Human Services is hiring Registered Nurse's in Plainville, CT Flexible hours: 7.5 hours weekly Key Human Services :
Established in 1989, Key Human Services, Inc. (Key) expands Keystone's vision of community-based support programs to the State of Connecticut. Key's purpose and mission is to act as a change agent for people with disabilities, creating opportunities that encourage growth and meaningful life choices while assisting persons in finding home, health, friends, work, and presence in their communities. With support from the Department of Developmental Services, the Department of Social Services, and the Department of Children and Families of the State of Connecticut, Key provides a selection of services and supports, such as community living arrangements (group homes), individual supports, nursing services, and Birth to Three, to people with disabilities. Duties/Responsibilities:
Job Requirements: Position Requirements:
- Ensure nursing services are provided in line with the regulations for individuals served under the Dept. Developmental Disabilities in a community living homes.
- Participate as a member of the multidisciplinary team to provide support & coordination of care to individuals.
- Contribute with other clinical staff in the development and ongoing revision of individual plans.
- Monitor, implement and train the medication administration procedures as it relates to the program.
- Act as a liaison with families, ancillary agencies and professional others, coordinating services and advocating for individuals and their families.
- Assess and address Healthcare issues.
- Will function as the primary liaison between the individual's practitioners when needed.
- Act as a resource for the individuals and trainer for staff in the program in reference to health relate issues.
- Provide nursing oversight for the medical health and safety needs of people in community living settings with developmental disabilities.
Key Human Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Must possess a current Connecticut R.N. License in good standing.
- Minimum one (2) year of RN experience, experience in Developmental Disabilities nursing is a plus but not required
- Valid driver's license for the state of CT
- Knowledge of DDS & DCF regulations a plus
- Strong interpersonal & organizational skills
- Ability to use a computer, MS-Word, Outlook and Internet Explorer as primary communication and documentation tools. Therap or similar electronic medical record experience a plus.
Casual positions allow employees the flexibility of accepting hours based on their availability; All positions may include some weekends and holidays, and require flexibility to meet program needs. Benefits available to Full-Time and Part-Time employees