Independent Freight Agent
Job Type: Full-time; Work from home
Emerge is one of the fastest-growing startups in the U.S. and is transforming the $800 billion transportation and logistics industry with its Digital Freight Marketplace platform. Our solutions create cost savings and productivity gains for carriers, brokers, and shippers across North America - while reducing the carbon footprint in this diesel-heavy industry and allows agents to remain relevant.
This role will serve as an individual contractor who will own their own business and be responsible for procuring customers and moving their freight. This role consists of both sales and operations aspects and requires a candidate that is comfortable handling both. The ideal candidate is sales-minded, confident at building relationships, and growing a portfolio of customers and carriers.
This position offers:
- Competitive agent plan
- Competitive sign on bonus based on existing book of business
- Manage customer/carrier relationships.
- Establish customer business and oversee account management processes.
- Upsell and retain customers.
- Build relationships with owner-operators to further service business as needed.
- Negotiate rates.
- Source carriers.
- Generate sales leads.
- Track load status.
- Freight industry experience is a must.
- Freight agent experience is preferred.
- 1-2 years of prior experience in a sales-related role.
- Must-have current relationships with shippers and owner-operators.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments.
Apply Online Below