Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of nature to power the next-generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and development of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. By leveraging its internal research and development and exclusive licensing to patents related to Cas12, Cas13, Cas14 and CasPhi, Mammoth Biosciences can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Mammoth is democratizing disease detection with easy and affordable point-of-care tests that allow real-time and simultaneous detection of multiple conditions, along with high-throughput tests that allow for unprecedented testing volume. Further, the company is transforming disease treatment with its proprietary micro-sized CRISPR proteins that enable new editing and delivery options. Based in San Francisco, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer Jennifer Doudna and principal founders Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Decheng, Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, and leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, Bob Nelsen, and Jeff Huber.OPPORTUNITY
Mammoth is looking for a Reagent Lyophilization Scientist to work on a team of 3 scientists in charge of the reagent lyophilization development. This position is critical to Mammoth's charter of using innovative CRISPR enzymes in diagnostic products. The Reagent Lyophilization Team is charged with developing the lyophilization cycles for Mammoth's innovative CRISPR based detection reagent, transferring these into reagent manufacturing and executing the stability studies for all of Mammoth's assay reagents.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute development, verification and stability studies to define the lyophilization cycle
- Determine the protective excipients that adequately protect the reagents enzymes during lyophilization
- Maintain and operate the analytical chemistry instruments (KF moisture analyzer, freeze dry microscope, differential scanning calorimeter) to measure properties of lyophilized reagents
- Maintain and operate the team's lyophilizers to produce lyophilized product for development and design transfer studies
- Work with Mammoth's contract manufacturing organizations to implement commercial lyophilization at the needed scale for successful assay commercialization
- Execute experiments with Mammoth's assay teams to determine efficacy of assay reagents during accelerated stability and real-time stability studies
- Write plans, protocols and reports that are compliant with 21 CFR 820 and ISO 13485
- A minimum of 3 years industry experience using chemistry or analytical chemistry methods to develop products.
- Knowledge and experiences using analytical chemistry instruments.
- Experiences with writing, executing and reporting on studies used in a regulated industry.
- BS or MS in Chemistry, or Analytical Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Experience using Karl Fisher moisture analyzers, freeze dry microscopes, and differential scanning calorimetry instruments
- A minimum of 3 years industry experience on a product development team in the pharmaceutical or IVD field and using a 21 CFR 820 quality management system
- Participation in the development of at least 3 different products and encompassing a majority of the product development phases of Concept and Feasibility, Design, Verification, Validation, Design Transfer, Product Launch, Product Support
- Competitive salary with equity
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Free breakfast/lunch/dinner/barista
- Free gym
- Public transportation commuter subsidy
- 401(k) matching