MyoKardia is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company pioneering a precision medicine approach to discover, develop and commercialize targeted therapies for the treatment of serious and rare cardiovascular diseases. MyoKardia's most advanced product candidate is Mavacamten, a novel, oral, allosteric modulator of cardiac myosin that is a first in class treatment for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM). Mavacamten was to be effective in a pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial in patients with symptomatic obstructive HCM.
MyoKardia is seeking to hire an experienced professional to lead Field Analytics & Operations for the commercialization of the company's first cardiovascular product. This role will be leading:
- Field Incentive Compensation design and operations
- Field data inquiries
- Targeting & Alignment
- Regional Reporting & Insights
- Business Performance Tracking
This role reports directly to the Sr. Director, Commercial Informatics.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Field Incentive Compensation (IC) Design & Operations
End-to-end ownership of the IC process including plan design, operationalization, implementation and monitoring.
- Lead the development of the Incentive Compensation & Special Incentives Plan design
- Develop and maintain goal allocation methodology to ensure bias-free goal allocation.
- Work with Field Leadership to create materials for field training on IC and Goal Setting methodology and related IC communication needs
- Responsible for the accuracy, generation and distribution of the monthly, quarterly, and yearly performance evaluation report portfolio.
- Resolve data investigations with the help of data vendors
- Monitor IC plan performance & health and inform plan changes with findings
- Manage a team of consultants who support Incentive Compensation Administration
- Collaborate with Forecasting, Finance and Sales Leadership on setting accurate and timely quarterly goals. Coordinate between stakeholders in Commercial Operations, IT, Accounting, HR, and Payroll.
- Provide support to VP of Sales & Other Commercial Team members for resource planning, targeting, segmentation, call planning, incentive compensation and other field force initiatives
- Lead annual projects at the request of Commercial leadership, which may include field force structure, resource allocation, performance reporting, and field technology innovation projects
- Conduct and manage national, regional, and territory level analytics for sales and marketing management to determine potential risks and opportunities for the sales team.
- Proactively recommend and implement improvements to reports, models, systems and standardized templates to ensure usability for customers
- Conducting sub-national growth drivers analyses and working closely with market access and data science teams to build local resource allocation models and pull through strategies
- Lead and conduct quarterly functional review of Sales and Market Access to share insights and analysis on relevant business, brand, and market issues
- Collaborate with Commercial Data Reporting lead to generate and manage brand specific dashboards and reporting systems capturing comprehensive monthly trends and insights
- Bachelor's degree in data analytics, business administration, economics, finance or related field
- MBA or master's degree preferred with concentrations in one or more of healthcare, general management, analytics, and data sciences.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience preferably in pharmaceutical industry related roles or pharmaceutical industry consulting.
- Experience with sourcing and acquiring third-party data and managing data contracts and vendors within a commercial organization preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Understanding of and hands-on experience with various modeling techniques needed to analyze sales performance and health check of IC plans
- Experience with managing projects and initiatives and across multiple stakeholder groups and cross-functional initiatives.
- Experience leading projects from initiation to operationalization
- Interact with a broad range of internal customers ranging from VP to front line employees across sales, marketing, market access, medical and IT to understand and address their data and reporting needs
- Experience with rare diseases and specialty pharmaceutical products preferred
- Instill a culture of operational and data excellence.
- Knowledge of sales incentive compensation concepts, workforce sizing, territory alignment, segmentation and targeting
- Knowledge of common industry data assets and vendors such as IQVIA, Symphony, DRG, MMIT and Specialty Pharmacy and Distributor data
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to aggregate and analyze disparate data to provide business insights and inform strategy
- Strong working knowledge of relevant software systems (e.g. MS Excel, Access, MS Word & PowerPoint, etc.) is required. Knowledge of SQL, and/or other BI tools (Tableau, Microstrategy, etc.) or analytics tools (R, Alteryx, RapidMiner, etc.) is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and data mining experience using secondary subnational prescription and sales data required.
- Be able to work efficiently in a cross-functional and matrixed environment
- Comfortable working with sales leadership team