Spectrum Brands utilizes a Shared Services model that enables resources to be leveraged across the organization. The Shared Services team is made up of information technology, human resources, indirect sourcing, finance & accounting professionals that support all business units. Shared services teams are headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin but have members across the country.
Provide a variety of administrative and clerical tasks supporting a team of Senior Legal Counsels.. Tasks are broad, varied, may be of a complex and highly confidential nature, requiring adaptability and integrity in a fast-paced environment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Model the Spectrum Brands eight Core Capabilities to achieve service excellence, meet and exceed organizational objectives and support fiscal responsibility.
- Work on special projects, while keeping said projects on designated timeline.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive electronic and paper filing systems and document control.
- Review and edit correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Management of incoming correspondence, including email management and filing.
- Management of billing system.
- Calendar management.
- Assist with travel planning and expense reporting.
- Assist with meeting planning, including complex scheduling over multiple time zones.
Education and Experience Profile
A minimum of five years of experience as an administrative assistant. Related Degree and/or Bachelor's Degree and/or experience in a similar environment is a plus.
- Strong computer skills; Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word, Internet Explorer).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational skills.
- Robust interpersonal skills such as assertiveness, attention to detail, team player, proactive thinking and acting
- Ability to independently prioritize tasks, make decisions, meet deadlines, and resolve complex situations.
- Exhibit initiative, resourcefulness, and assertiveness in obtaining information needed to proceed with projects with minimal supervision.
- Display a thorough understanding of the business environment.
- Must maintain confidentiality and integrity at all times.
- Must have experience working in and an appreciation of a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrate good business judgment consistent with the corporate mission and vision.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.